I get right to the point, I sold one of my authority Niche websites last week for 26X monthly profit. After some up and downs, the buyer found me and done this deal for good. It’s been a year since I started this site and closed the deal as I planned. Sold 3 sites in the past 2 years now.
This is the 3rd website I sold in these couple of years and sold 3 of my domains for 3 digit price. With less expense and sold it for 13X from monthly earning. I didn’t have anyone, just a one man army here, from Niche selecting, Finding domain, Design and development, publishing articles, SEO, and promoting. Sometimes i use freelance writers.
This is was the moment i sold the site, its growing and promising for the buyers perspective.
Selling your small niche site is not simple, because you will be asked a ton of questions and proofs. So here are a few important stuff I follow in every niche site I make, and here are some points that can be helpful to you if you are a guy who wants to sell your site for a good offer.
Tips to Make Niche Website Valuable To Sell for Good price
- Choose your niche well, because a lot of us make the mistake of choosing it based on how much it’ll make money. If you want to make money, choose the niche that has long-term searches, I mean even after the next 10 years, there should be people searching for it. And has a wider audience as possible. In this way, your investment will never go to waste in this case.
- Make sure your site is well designed with easy to navigate. One of my top priority tasks when building the site and every day I keep improving to better use.
- Keep your performance speed up to 90. Fewer plugins, optimize images, and a good server.
- Write Longform Articles (2500+ words) with proper research. I trust no one in this part because your instinct plays some part here. Make sure keywords competitive score is low and focus on minimum search volume initially.
- On-Page is the key to a quick ranking. As a marketer myself, I make sure my On-page score top-level, technical issues fixed if anything arises, and proper keyword research is done prior. Also, I use the FRASE AI tool to optimize my content before publishing it.
- Make sure to take backup every week/day as possible, it’s uncertain times, and a lot of plugins can breach easily. So use plugins like All in one migration for backing up automatically to your Drive / Dropbox.
- Study the competitor’s strategy, keywords, and what kind of marketing they do. it will help move faster – AHREF and SEMRUSH are best for this one. I find a lot of new niches in this way.
- Being professional and understanding the industry you are in is very important. When it comes to buyers you will be asked a lot of questions, so be patient, ready with your data, and honesty goes long way. Don’t be rush, just take one step at a time, convincing the buyer takes time. I got rejected a lot but it all helped me to be prepared well for the next buyer.
- If you are a blogger and looking to grow, sell it at some point, then don’t wait for Adsense / amazon affiliates to help you, instead offer sponsored posts. Because buyers need some kind of money making option from your site. So I increase the value by offering sponsored posts, Adsense, Amazon, and other affiliate options.
- You can always find a better deal on Facebook groups than Flippa or other asset trading platforms. I sold all my sites and domains through the FB group.
- Escrow is the best place to do transactions. All my deals are done here, only one in Paypal.
- Always take proof of your income somewhere, use an excel sheet to track the expenses. I didn’t do this in the past but I plan to have a proper template for new sites for sure.
I am glad to share my little experience and help those who are like me a solopreneur. And These are some useful points I remember now, you can mail me if you have any questions you have with selling your site, domain, website development, and SEO, Happy to answer.
Be safe and healthy!